Two-dimensional gel electrophoresis (2-DE) is still the benchmark technology for the separation of intact proteins from complex mixtures. Many hundred different protein spots can be displayed from complex samples. Proteome Factory offers extreme high resolution 2-DE for separation all kind of protein containing samples. Different 2DE gels sizes of 8x7 cm, 23x30cm, 40x30cm and 60x30cm allow the separation of up to 10,000 protein spots depending on gel size and sample characteristics. Proteins with pI ranging from 3 to 12 and a molecular weight range from 8kDa to about 200kDa can be addressed.
Protein separation by extreme high resolution 2D electrophoresis is used for proteomics and
- Protein cataloguing
- Protein species and isoform distribution analysis
- Analysis of posttranslational modifications
- Western blot
- Quality control of proteins
- Quality control of antibody by 2D western blot
- Host cell protein analysis
Gels from different samples are used for quantitative comparison of cell states.
Some examples of projects:
- Serum (with/without immunodepletion of abundant proteins)
- other Body Fluids ( e.g. Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF), Saliva, Bronchoalveolar lavage)
- Tissues (e.g. myocardium, brain, kidney, liver, colon, artery tissue)
- Blood Cells (e.g. monocytes, lymphocytes)
- Cell cultures (e.g. HeLa cells, human embryonic stem cells)
- Fermentation Cultures (e.g. E. coli, Bacillus caldolyticus, Cyanobacteria)
- Microorganisms (e.g. Trypanosoma brucei, Bdellovibrio bacteriovorus, Helicobacter pylorii, Saccharomyces spp., Penicillium spp)
- Plants (e.g. Omphalotus olearius, Arabidopsis thaliana, Taxus baccata, potato tuber, tomato fruits)
- Other (e.g. Insects, Mollusca)
As every project has different requirements please contact our specialists to discuss your specific needs.
Sending samples to Proteome Factory
- Our sample submission form for 2D gel electrophoresis can be downloaded here (pdf, 214 kB)
- Please notify us when shipping your samples.
- Ensure enough coolant is included in the parcel (e. g. at least 1 kg dry ice per day in transit)